Bringing your Thai fiancee to the United States is a great idea but it can be tricky. There are many requirements and it takes time and effort to get the process done successfully. If you are looking to bring your Thai fiancee to the United States, it is best to consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can help guide you through the process.

The K-1 Visa is a special type of non-immigrant visa that allows an American citizen to bring his or her Thai fiance(e) to the United States for marriage. This visa requires the American citizen to petition with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in Washington DC. If the petition is approved, the USCIS will then forward it to the National Visa Center and the applicant will receive an invitation from the embassy in Bangkok to appear for an interview.

When applying for the K-1 visa, it is essential to gather all of the necessary documents as this may make the difference between being denied or granted a K-1 visa. These documents include evidence of your relationship, medical checkup results and police report among other things.

You will also need to provide evidence of adequate finances for the duration of the stay in Thailand. This can be in the form of travelers' cheque or cash equivalent to 10,000 Baht ($324) per person and 20,000 Baht ($650) per family.

Once you have all of the documents, you will need to submit them with a copy of your passport and the appropriate fee to the embassy or consulate where you will be making the application. The embassy or consulate will then verify that all of the documents are genuine before they issue you with a visa.

After submitting all of the required documents to the embassy or consulate, you will then need to wait for an interview with one of their staff members. At this interview, the embassy or consulate will ask you questions about your relationship and whether you are intending to get married. If you are not able to answer the questions properly, then you will be denied and the visa will not be issued.

The entire K-1 Visa processing can take up to 4 weeks. This is because the National Visa Center (NVC) conducts a background check to ensure that you are not inadmissible to the United States.

Once the NVC is satisfied with your fiancee's background, it will send her a letter titled "Packet 3". This letter contains all of the documents that she must collect before the interview. It will also state that she must submit the DS-160 application and pay the US visa fee.

During the interview, you will be asked to give a short speech about yourself and your plans for your future together in the US. This will give the officer a chance to examine your relationship and make sure that you are not in the process of committing fraud.

The Spouse Visa in Thailand is a non-immigrant visa which allows you and your spouse to travel to and live in Thailand together. You can apply for this visa once you are legally married to a Thai citizen and have registered your marriage in Thailand.

There are a number of requirements you must meet in order to obtain the visa. These include a security deposit of THB 400,000 in a Thai bank account for at least two months prior to your application, a monthly income of at least THB 40,000 and a valid work permit from a Thai employer.

You must also prove that you and your spouse have a stable, comfortable living situation in Thailand. You will need to have a rental contract, a utility bill and proof of sufficient income to support yourself and your spouse in Thailand.

If you are a foreign man married to a Thai woman then you will need to show that you have a fixed monthly income of at least THB 40,000 from your own source. This can be in the form of a salary, dividends or bonuses.

It is advisable to have a letter from the Thai Embassy confirming this. If you are not able to get this in Thailand then you can submit a bankbook showing 400,000 THB and an income of 40,000 THB per month.

The Thai government requires that you report to an Immigration Office every 90 days. This is to ensure that you are staying in Thailand, that you have a stable home and that you are not a drain on the Thai community.

Getting the right Spouse Visa for you and your family in Thailand can be an overwhelming task without the assistance of a professional. The process is lengthy and complicated and if you do not know where to start then you may end up with an unsuitable type of visa.

As a result, it is highly recommended to seek legal help in the first instance. This way, you will be able to avoid any hassles and headaches.

To apply for the Spouse Visa in Thailand, you need to complete an application form and pay a filing fee. This will be mailed to the representative office in Bangkok, where it will be processed.

Once the application is processed, you will receive an interview appointment. The interview is generally scheduled for about 4 to 6 weeks after your application has been filed and you paid the embassy fee.

The interview will be conducted by a visa officer who will discuss your application with you and ask questions about your life in Thailand, your relationship with your spouse, and your financial situation. If the officer finds that you are eligible for this type of visa then he or she will grant you a CR1/IR1 spouse visa.

You can then use your IR1 visa or CR1 spouse visa to enter the United States. Upon entry into the US, you and your spouse can apply for permanent residency and a green card.

Bangkok Law Firms logo
Our client service standards affirm our commitment to prioritizing the needs of our clients and to ensure excellence in all that we do.
Copyright @ 2022 Bangkok Law Firms. 
All Rights Reserved.
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram