Fiance Visa in the United States

Bringing your Thai fiancee to the United States is a great idea but it can be tricky. There are many requirements and it takes time and effort to get the process done successfully. If you are looking to bring your Thai fiancee to the United States, it is best to consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can help guide you through the process.

The K-1 Visa is a special type of non-immigrant visa that allows an American citizen to bring his or her Thai fiance(e) to the United States for marriage. This visa requires the American citizen to petition with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in Washington DC. If the petition is approved, the USCIS will then forward it to the National Visa Center and the applicant will receive an invitation from the embassy in Bangkok to appear for an interview.

When applying for the K-1 visa, it is essential to gather all of the necessary documents as this may make the difference between being denied or granted a K-1 visa. These documents include evidence of your relationship, medical checkup results and police report among other things.

You will also need to provide evidence of adequate finances for the duration of the stay in Thailand. This can be in the form of travelers' cheque or cash equivalent to 10,000 Baht ($324) per person and 20,000 Baht ($650) per family.

Once you have all of the documents, you will need to submit them with a copy of your passport and the appropriate fee to the embassy or consulate where you will be making the application. The embassy or consulate will then verify that all of the documents are genuine before they issue you with a visa.

After submitting all of the required documents to the embassy or consulate, you will then need to wait for an interview with one of their staff members. At this interview, the embassy or consulate will ask you questions about your relationship and whether you are intending to get married. If you are not able to answer the questions properly, then you will be denied and the visa will not be issued.

The entire K-1 Visa processing can take up to 4 weeks. This is because the National Visa Center (NVC) conducts a background check to ensure that you are not inadmissible to the United States.

Once the NVC is satisfied with your fiancee's background, it will send her a letter titled "Packet 3". This letter contains all of the documents that she must collect before the interview. It will also state that she must submit the DS-160 application and pay the US visa fee.

During the interview, you will be asked to give a short speech about yourself and your plans for your future together in the US. This will give the officer a chance to examine your relationship and make sure that you are not in the process of committing fraud.

Bangkok Law Firms logo
Our client service standards affirm our commitment to prioritizing the needs of our clients and to ensure excellence in all that we do.
Copyright @ 2022 Bangkok Law Firms. 
All Rights Reserved.
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram