US Visa Immigration Services in Thailand

Do you want to immigrate to the US and currently live in Thailand? If so, you need to obtain approval from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before you can apply for a visa. A petition must be submitted via a sponsor, such as a relative or an employer.

Therefore, for the visa process to start, you need to get a sponsor to file a petition and represent you. After this step is completed, you can apply for a visa. You will also need to contact a lawyer to provide you with the legal and immigration guidance you need.

Getting a Travel Visa or Resident Visa

If you wish to work or travel in the US, a visa is a requirement. Visas come in various forms, such as the K-1 visa, the K-3 visa, the CR-1 visa, or a tourist visa.

The U.S. K-1 Visa

If you want to get married to a US citizen and live in the US, you will need to learn more about obtaining a K-1 visa. You can get this visa if you and your fiancée or fiancé wish to marry within three months, or 90 days from the time you enter the US.

Again, you must have a petition filed on your behalf before you can apply for a K-1 visa. Should you plan to live in the US indefinitely after you get married, you need to request an application for a B-2 visa. Alternatively, you may also be able to obtain a travel visa, free of charge, under the wavier program in the US. To learn more about these visas, you will need to go over the application requirements with an immigration attorney.

To know more about the K-1 Visa requirements and process, please contact us.

The U.S. K-3 Visa

The K-3 visa is designed for those immigrants who are waiting for approval for their petition and wish to get married to a US citizen. The K-3 visa permits travel in the US while you wait on authorization.

To know more about the K-3 Visa requirements and process, please contact us.

The U.S. CR-1 and IR-1 Marriage Visas

You can apply for a CR-1 marriage visa if you want to immigrate to the US with your spouse, who comes from the US. While the CR-1 visa is used for a US spouse and foreign spouse who has been married for two years or less, an IR-1 visa covers the immigration requirements for spouses who have been married for over two years.

If you wish to apply for either a marriage visa, you need to be from Thailand. In some instances, common-law marriages are recognized. All marriage visas are issued, based on the legal mandates of the country where the marriage took place.

If you need the assistance of a U.S. immigration specialist, please feel free to contact us.


Bangkok Law Firms logo
Our client service standards affirm our commitment to prioritizing the needs of our clients and to ensure excellence in all that we do.
Copyright @ 2022 Bangkok Law Firms. 
All Rights Reserved.
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram